Thursday, March 12, 2009

Gracie's Boo-Boo

Gracie took a spill this morning while trying to climb up the molding around the closet door. She fell into the molding and put a bump on her forehead. I called her pediatrician and the nurse told me to keep her awake for another hour and to watch that her eyes don't become dilated. She is doing well and just went down for a nap.

Just after the accident happened, the carpet cleaners came to give me an estimate on our floors. Gracie was fussy so I told them what happened. One of the guys said he walked in the kitchen the other day and his one and a half year old was on top of the kitchen table, scaring him to death! Well that is totally believable. However, the other guy pipes up..."My wife called me the other day and said she couldn't find our child (also one and a half) and I raced home. When I pulled in the driveway I noticed he was on top of the roof! We had left a ladder by the side of the house." Really???? That story is so bizarre I cannot imagine it to be true. Anyway, I guess we'll never know!

3 comments:

Chrissa said...

OH my word - I can't believe that poor baby was on the roof?!?! If that is in fact true...oh wow! Poor lil Gracie! Glad she's ok.

Townsend said...

for some reason i havent been able to watch videos on my computer...but today it's working so i got to watch gracie say, "momma"! so sweet :)
and as for the baby on the roof...i'd call that a fib had i not lived with a jacob townsend every day!...Lord willing that won't be my story some day!!!

Chris and Rebecca Lee said...

poor gracie! we have had our run of boo boos lately. poor alex has 2 strawberries on her chin, a cut on her back, and a scab on her knee right now. :(