Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Gracie and the Potato

Gracie and I took a quick trip this afternoon to Fresh Market for a couple of baking potatoes. She loves grocery shopping and wanted to hold a potato. I kept telling her over and over not to put it in her mouth, and she just held it and laughed and smiled. We get up to the checkout line and when I have to take the potato from Gracie, she lets out the loudest ear-piercing cry she has ever cried. Before I could even blink an eye, the teenage cashier weighed the potato and quickly gave it back to Gracie. I knew I should not let her have it, and shouldn't teach her to cry for what she wants like that, but I was dealing with a rare afternoon of pregnancy sickness, and just didn't want to deal with it. Anyway, a now happy Gracie and I walked to the car (potato still in hand), and I let her hold the potato on the way home. I again told her not to put it in her mouth, but.....this is what I found when we got home.... She even spit some out and handed it to me when we got home! Silly girl! She is just so precious, though, how can you stand it??!?!?!?

And here's the first belly shot of this pregnancy. I'm about 11 weeks now, and this was taken last week. Already showing a little!

9 comments:

Iris said...

jennifer, you and gracie are both so cute! btw, kekoa's been screaming too. and so it begins...

The Fintons said...

Congratulations!!!! We are so excited for yall!

Chris and Rebecca Lee said...

you look precious! congrats again! i love how we all keep cycling with someone being preggo. :)

Dawne C. said...

So Gracie is craving raw potato this pregnancy, huh? CUTE belly picture!

Townsend said...

nasty raw tatos, gracie!!! love her little smiley face with that cute little outfit on!
jennifer, you look FAB! my maternity clothes are awaitin' you!
love becky and jacot

Chrissa said...

What a cute story! :) She is a doll. And I still can't beleive you are pregnant!! Congrats again!

The Nelson Family said...

That is so funny about her and that potato. I wonder if it was everything she was hoping it would be. :)

Layla and Jason said...

too cute! love the teeth marks - looks like she got a good bite of it. you're looking great too!

April C said...

I would love to see a video of Gracie walking. Do you have any?