Saturday, January 9, 2010

Andrew!

Here are some pictures of our first moments with Andrew! 6 pounds, 6 ounces, 19 inches, born at 4:32 a.m. Tuesday, January 5, 2010







Proud mama and papa!





Gracie meets Andrew



On our way home!Our sweet family
Hey! Put some clothes on me! It's cold!
Pretty boy!
The short story for those of you who haven't heard--My c-section was schedule for Wednesday morning. But Tuesday at 1:00 in the morning, I started having contractions. They went immediately from 15 to 10 to 7 minutes apart. By the time we gathered everything together and my mom came over to care for Gracie, they were 5 minutes apart. We got a hospital room at 3 a.m. and the contractions were more like 4 minutes apart and I was dilated between 4 and 5 centimeters. The nurses put a rush on things and by 4:00 (and at that time contractions were 2 minutes apart) I was taken to the operating room and given my epidural/spinal. Andrew Thomas was born at 4:32! The whole thing was super fast! Although it wasn't our "plan," everything went wonderfully and we are so grateful! Today is Saturday evening, and my recovery is going well. Each day gets better and better. Gracie is adjusting well and asked to hold Andrew today. More pics to come soon!

12 comments:

Chrissa said...

First of all, total props to you for having the blog updated so soon!! Wow - I'm impressed. Second of all, a HUGE congratulations on the arrival of little Andrew!! What a cutie! I really think he could be a gap model baby...seriously. :0) He is just precious & I'm so glad everything went ok! I hope we can come meet him soon!!

Brett and Jill said...

So much hair! He is so handsome. I can see some of Grace in him. Can't wait to meet him. If you need anything, I am happy to help.

The Nelson Family said...

Congratulations!!!! What a handsome boy!! Love the hair! And definitely approve of the name. Very nice. So glad all went well and you are back home with your sweet boy!

Chris and Rebecca Lee said...

Great pics! i love the header pic of him looking at the camera...so sweet! So glad everything went well in His timing. Can't wait to see y'all again tomorrow. :)

Laura said...

SO SWEET! Oh I'm so excited for your family of 4!!! You look great!!! Wow!!!! You ROCK for getting all these pictures up! Thank you!!!!!

The Hows said...

yay andrew! i was looking at that picture on your header and he really is a handsome little guy! congratulations again!

Luke and Courtney Brewer said...

I can't believe you already have a post up with so many great pictures! And WOW...what a great head of hair he has! I wish I could meet him in person while he is so little and snuggly. You guys make a very attractive family. Very happy for you!

dave and jenn said...

Congratulations! He is precious - look at all that hair!

The Fintons said...

Congratulations! He is adorable! Having two makes life seem complete! We are so blessed.

Dana said...

I think that's so sweet that Gracie asked to hold him. She's coming around! I think they'll be good friends :)

Layla and Jason said...

He really is precious! He just looks like a little boy. What a cutie! Congratulations again. We love you guys!!

taiwandanielle said...

Wow! He is beautiful, I mean, handsome!!! Congrats! Gracie will be such a great big sister!