Thursday, June 12, 2008

My Story...


I have been writing this post for 4 days now! Being a mommy is time consuming! But I love every minute of it. Well, here is my labor and delivery story. On the due date, Thursday June 5th, Clay and I went to bed, but neither of us could sleep. Around 10:30, my water broke, and we excitedly got everything together to head to Baptist. We arrived around 11:30 and my contractions started at 12:00. They were already 2 minutes apart, so I figured things would go quickly. However, an epidural and 13 long hours later, I was "complete" and began to push. I had awesome labor and delivery nurses, and my husband was da bomb! After 2 long hours of pushing, doc Singleton said we needed to use the forceps. If they didn't work, then a C-section would have been necessary. Thankfully, lil' Gracie came out with the use of forceps and was absolutely perfect! I had a level 4 tear and even at one week have a bit of recovery ahead of me, but I know I will heal, and I am grateful that Gracie is so healthy!

2 comments:

Chris and Rebecca Lee said...

Great story and yes, looking at your precious one makes it all worth it. This is a beautiful pic of you with Gracie. What a treasure! r

Anonymous said...

Jennifer, I love this picture of you and Gracie. I'm already having withdrawals from the little cutie. I'm going to have to make my way back to West Little Rock pretty soon!