Monday, January 19, 2009

Momma and Daddy Time

I thought I'd write a few words about....me and my hubby! This blog has been turned over to our precious little girl, but I thought we could snag a little time on it too. Last night was a fun night for Clay and me. I've been needing more adult interaction since staying home, and so I thought playing some games together would help. Last night we did a little "game" I got at my moms and more bible study, where you answer questions about your spouse to see how well you know them. Many of my answers for Clay were close, but his answers for me were right on! Sometime this week we're going to break out King's Court, a checkers-type game we played a lot in college. Anyway, this gaming is good for us and fun, but it's hard to find two-person games. Any suggestions? What are your favorites?

P.S.--Pictures of our little girl coming soon. :)

7 comments:

Iris said...

i say pick any game you guys like and play it like a 2 person game. we always play our painted yahtzee available on our direct tv but you could alway play regular yahtzee. our friends told us they play catch phrase with just the two of them on road trips.

Brett and Jill said...

Brett and I love board games. We play two or three times a month. We also like puzzles.

Austin, Beth, Caed, and Dax said...

Scrabble, Yatzee, Phase Ten, Uno, and puzzles are all great! We love playing games too.

Ashley said...

i miss playing games with you! bunko, awwww! you and clay were our favorite spades partners ever!!! we totally kicked they guys' butts!!!

j and i like to play card games like rummy and two man spades and poker. we also like to play monopoly together :) awww, memories! haven't been able to do that in awhile!

Laura said...

i agree with Scrabble . . . we love playing that . . .and speed.
oh, and catch phrase . . . super fun!!!!

LOVE YOU A GOOGLE... said...

Hey, this is Michelle (Matt's sister) and I love the blog about Gracie! Definitely do not forget the mommy/daddy time that becomes very important! :) Jack and I have become addicted to wii bowling! We play every night when the gets go to bed. :) My favorite board games is still yahtzee and a good game of trivial pursuit! :) Thanks for sharing!

The Nelson Family said...

Good for you guys! You definitely need that time. Sometimes we play old ninetendo games or throw a frisbee together (that's about as athletic as i get). It's quite funny actually.