Friday, October 9, 2009

Wonderful Wednesdays and the Cutest Little Boo Bear in the World

I love Wednesdays! Gracie and I go to the library for story time and she loves it! I love to see her face light up and all the progress she is making. I began taking her to story time when she could barely sit up on her own. Now she is an active participant!Here she is during the "Brown bear, brown bear" song, based on the book. As an animal is called out the kids are to pick it out and put it in the sack. Gracie doesn't identify the animals during the song, but if I point to the picture of the duck she can say it. There's a couple of other animals she can tell me if I point to them. One neat area of growth for Gracie is that she can now go to the front all by herself and get a bag from the teacher and (usually) go put it up at the end of the song!
Ringing bells is a favorite for all the kids.
My active listener!
And this past Wednesday, we had an extra treat. Wendy came over for lunch and Gracie (and I) had a blast. I think Wendy read every single book we had just checked out of the library to Gracie.
And here is some video of my cute little boo bear. My mom recently bought her this bear backpack harness. It has a "tail" that attaches so I can hold on to her so she can't run away from me. We practice at home, and hope to make a public debut soon. Meanwhile, it is one of Gracie's favorite new toys. She wants to wear the bear all the time and it's just the cutest thing!

7 comments:

Laura said...

um, where's your kitchen table? :)
she's so cute . . . i LOVE those curls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Clay and J said...

clay's refinishing our table. he put the clear protectant coat on today, so we'll have it back soon! it's been hanging out in our garage for the past few weeks :)

Luke and Courtney Brewer said...

Oh, my goodness...that is the cutest thing EVER!! I miss little Gracie. I can't believe she's walking so good now!

Townsend said...

gracie IS the cutest little boo bear!! you will have to tell us how it goes when you debut the bear pack in public!
miss you too :)

Dawne C. said...

I love your blog!
Do you ever read Micah's? I think it is thewigintons@blogspot.com.

Dawne C. said...

Oops- Micah's blog should be ".blogspot" not "@blogspot"

Clay and J said...

Thanks Dawne! I'll have to check it out!