Sunday, July 27, 2008

Our Busy Weekend

Our little family had a busy but fun weekend! Friday night Clay and I sang at my friend Beth's wedding. The wedding was at the beautiful Garvan Gardens glass chapel. Nana came along to Gracie-sit. I was so proud because I didn't hear a peep out of our girl during the wedding! Afterwards, mom said she had to take Gracie out at the very beginning of the wedding because she was beginning to stir. Oh well. They went over to the bridal suite and Gracie played and had a grand old time. Nana did too! By the way, isn't Beth beautiful? It was such an honor to sing in her wedding. She is a special friend to me, and our times together are always so sweet!

Saturday we ran errands and had Aunt Dana and Uncle Matt over for dinner. Saturday night Clay put Gracie in her nightgown--so cute!

Sunday Gracie and mommy went to DeValls Bluff First Baptist, where my dad is pastor. After lunch, Gracie played with her great-grandmother, my nanny. Nanny has alzheimers, but when she is around Gracie, something clicks, and we get a rare moment of her old self. Nanny worked in her church nursery for years and all that time with babies comes back when she is around Gracie. It is absolutely beautiful, and I'm so glad I had my camera.

8 comments:

Townsend said...

Jennifer! the videos with Nanny are absolutely priceless! My great grandma passed away when i was in jr high and i seriously teared up watching the videos cuz Nanny reminds me of her... so incredibly sweet! we need to have somme "play dates" and take the babes to a nursing home to visit the old folks! I just LOVE watching that interaction!

Chris and Rebecca Lee said...

LOVE the videos. i love that gracie will grow up hearing you and clay sing at nights. how special! and yes, the videos with nanny will be a treasure for years to come. so glad you got that on film.

Anonymous said...

Those videos are so neat! Nanny looks so natural sitting on the floor talking to Gracie.

Chrissa said...

That is really special!! What a treasure to have such a sweet video of your nanny with little Gracie.

And you look great Jennifer!! :)

Layla and Jason said...

Oh wow, Jennifer! Those videos with your Nanny are precious. You will definitely treasure those. Absolutely priceless!

Rachel said...

I can only imagine what a blessing it must be to see your Nanny with Gracie. You can tell that they both love each other so much!

I'm so glad that you and Clay were able to sing for Beth's wedding!

Let's catch up something this month.

Laura said...

oh, i know it's repetitious, but i just love those videos! sooo sweet! good job catching them! gracie will LOVE them! my parents have pictures of me and melis with my nannie when we were like, 7 and 4 . . . priceless!!! PLUS it's just super duper cute to hear grace "talk" i LOVE it!

The Fintons said...

very sweet videos! Gracie is just beautiful! Hope all is well.