Saturday, October 25, 2008

A Fabulous Vacation

The Glasgows just got back from an awesome vacation in Savannah, Georgia. We went to see our wonderful friends, Luke and Courtney Brewer. Luke just graduated from the prestigious Savannah College of Art and Design (SCAD) with a masters in computer animation. We went to Hilton Head and Savannah with Luke and Courtney back in 2004 and never dreamed they'd live here one day. We knew we had to go visit before they move again. Also, Clay had a conference to attend in Atlanta, so it really worked out.

Here is our vacation in pictures: We drove through Tennessee, Mississippi, Alabama, and finally Georgia. Here is our rest stop in Red Banks, MS where I fed Gracie in the back of the car.

Gracie asleep at the Red Roof Inn somewhere near Atlanta. And finally, the moment we were waiting for.......reuniting with the Brewers! Well, Lucy Brewer, that is! Gracie rode in her big girl umbrella stroller for the first time. She loved being able to look around! Here we are in front of the Georgia Queen on the famous Riverwalk. It is so beautiful down here! There are a ton of cute shops on the Riverwalk. The guys and GraceSavannah is full of beautiful parks in the Historic District. Each park, or square, has either a fountain, a statue, or just beautiful flowers. Isn't this one gorgeous? The Historic District is full of awesome boutiques and shops. My faves were The Paris Market (we're pictured in front of it--and be sure to check out the "G" in our entryway next time you're at our house--it's from here), At Home, Savannah Fine Linens, and Paperie. My one regret--that I didn't buy more! The Cathedral of St. John the Baptist. Beautiful!All the gold painting is genuine gold leaf paint. For lunch one day we went to J. Christopher's. It had all kinds of artwork from SCAD students. I had some yummy salmon over a spinach salad here--delish!Our hotel at the edge of the Historic District--The Comfort Suites, I think?!? Should have taken a pic when the beds were made! Definitely spacious and comfortable. One night Luke and Court came over and while we kicked back, Gracie slept......in her pack n' play........in the bathroom! It was big! We spent a lot of time in Luke and Courtney's fabulous apartment. It is an old building with original hard woods, and notice the fireplace in the background. We played a Scene It movie game that I was really bad at (I got the Breakfast at Tiffany's question right!), but was totally fun. Courtney was also very sweet and cooked a lot of our meals. Delicious quiche, roast with all the fixins', and tortilla soup with the best layer dip I've ever had! It was fun to just chill with our friends and eat yummy food! Gracie had lots of fun with her auntie CourtneyClay had to ride Luke's scooter around the neighborhood. Did I want to ride? No way--I was picturing a scooter, you know, one of those things we road when we were kids. This was, in my book, a motorcycle, and I chose not to ride! :)Here is Luke and Courtney's neighborhood in Ardsley Park. What a beautiful place to call home! This fountain is a famous landmark in Savannah, located in Forsyth Park. Can you believe it was purchased out of a catalog back in the day?The galsWe planned on getting dessert at this cool place, The Old Pink House. It has beautiful architecture and old fireplaces, and was so neat. The only table available, though, was in the tavern area, and they wouldn't let us have it because of the minor in our party. Really? Instead, we went to Leopold's where I had THE BEST, I MEAN THE BEST ice cream I've ever had in my life. Courtney, please go have another scoop of Savannah's Honey Almond in a sugar cone for me! I think Gracie was tired of shopping at this point....This is the saddest picture to me! Because it's the one I took as we left Luke and Courtney's apartment and headed to Atlanta. But look how beautiful it is! I love how the tree branches reach across the street. I am such a fan of Spanish Moss! A beautiful town, wonderful friends. Thank you God for this time! Our hotel in Atlanta, The Waverly. Nice! Gracie and I just chilled in the hotel all day while Clay soaked up knowledge. We had planned on going to the Aquarium (world's largest!), but I wasn't comfortable driving by myself--7 lanes of traffic for just one direction! Crazy! I decided that I am a small city girl.Gracie practicing sitting up. "I have been driving a lot, mom and dad!"
"I'm so bored, I think I'll eat my foot!"
The end! I have some videos to post when I have the patience. Gracie did great on this trip. Miss you already Luke and Courtney!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I loved all the pictures! Looks like ya'll had a great time! I'm glad Gracie did well. She looks like she was being very cooperative in all the pictures :)

Iris said...

looks like an awesome trip! i'm so glad gracie did so good - it looks like she had a lot of fun! what a big girl! fa-bu-lous!!!

Laura said...

"the minor in our party" that's hilarious :)
i love love the pictures--and i'll come check out that G in a couple weeks!!!!
glad you had a great trip and are home safe!!!!!

Chris and Rebecca Lee said...

what an awesome trip!!! so glad gracie did good for y'all. hopefully, we'll make your adjustment to little rock just as special. want to come over for lunch this week? :)

Chrissa said...

I'm jealous!! What a great vacation!! :) And Gracie is just too stinkin cute! Man, i love the pics of her sucking her middle fingers. So cute - my little niece used to do that too!