Wednesday, October 15, 2008

You break it, you buy it...

Well, in preparation for our trip to Savannah I thought I'd buy a new pair of jeans and maybe a long sleeve t-shirt or two to get in the mood for fall, and to tide me over before it's time to break out my sweaters. Gracie and I headed out to Old Navy this morning, ready to accomplish this task. I head out down the road and realize I've forgotten the stroller and Old Navy doesn't have any buggies to put the car seat in. Oh well, I think. I'll just carry Grace, pick up a couple of things and try them on at home. I first head to the clearance rack. Mostly summer stuff, but one cute navy blue sweatshirt. The price was torn off, but I picked it up and figured I'd ask about it. Most of the other items on the rack were $5.99 and other great prices, so I figured it wouldn't be too bad. We walked around the store some more when I heard Gracie spit up. It sounded big, but all I saw was a little spit up on her mouth. I was dry and I didn't hear a "splat" on the cement floor, so I figured all was good. But why would I write a story with such a boring happily ever after? Sure enough, spit up covered the sweatshirt. Bummer! Needless to say, I bought a new sweatshirt. The moment of truth was going up to the register...would it be a great deal? Remember, it was on the clearance rack. Sorry, but no cigar. The sweatshirt must have been put there accidentally and was full price. But thankfully full price was only $24.50. If you know me well, though, you know I'd rather not pay full price for anything....but at least I wasn't shopping in a leather store.

Oh, and the jeans....did I really think I could just buy a pair of jeans without trying them on? They'll have to be returned of course....

Lessons learned....don't forget the stroller and maybe don't shop with the Grace child. :)

2 comments:

Laura said...

pretty much hilarious :) that'll be a story to tell a boyfriend when she's like, 35 and you let her date :)

Townsend said...

thanks, i needed a good laugh today! keep the good times rollin', gracie! That happened to me once with jacob...i pulled out some pj's from a 3-pack and layed it across jacob to see if they would fit...and of course he had to spit up at that exact moment...all over the pj's...and i had to buy the pack.