Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Cereal Update--Nature's Own

Gracie continues to do well with her cereal if......it's made to her liking. I've tried a couple of new things since I dislike pumping so much. I've tried cereal with water, which was met with disinterest. But the worst, was when I mixed cereal with formula. The girl actually cried after the first bite! So, it's back to nature's own...mommy's milk. I just remind myself that this is for a season, and it will be gone all to soon. And anyway, I sure wouldn't want to eat my Lucky Charms (on sale for $2.99 for a huge box, Becky! You gotta get Josh to pick some up at Kroger! :) with water, or formula either.

3 comments:

Townsend said...

giiirl! - i hear ya! jacob nearly spun his head 360degrees when i tried to give him cereal with formula! you can always give cereal with applesauce (or any fruit) too! i actually wish i would have started that sooner cuz i ran out of my frozen milk and now i can't pump anything. but i still put cereal in jacob's fruit every morning. seriously counting down the days till the whole milk...i don't blame him for not taking the formula...stuff smells rancid...and you are so right...would i want that in MY nutty nuggets? NO THANKS! oh, and thanks for the cereal heads up...but 'no can do' the sugar cereal right now :( ...we eat kroger marshmallow treasures anyway!heee

Iris said...

kekoa hated formula when we had to start giving it to him in a bottle and totally cried, too. matt said to him, "you act like we're giving you poison!" i felt bad b/c it smelled like rotten fish to me. since i really had no choice, we kept giving it to him and after a few days he took it. i agree with becky that maybe you should put less breastmilk and more fruit so that when you do run out of nature's own, she won't know the difference.

Rachel said...

Ditto on the fruit. Makes life much easier for picky eaters :)