Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Food and Fun

Gracie is making progress on her food. I decided that maybe I was expecting too much too fast, and scaled back to one solid food meal a day (lunch). She has done great with our new veggie, zucchini. At 9 months, I will add a second meal, and by 10 months try to be at 3 solid food meals a day. Gracie still hasn't touched my applesauce, but I may try some store-bought applesauce soon. She does like bananas alright, and I made some pears for her to try this week.

Gracie's new favorite thing to do is look at her beautiful self in the mirrored closet doors in our room. She plays in the mirror with her toys, but her latest act is leaning forward and licking the mirror! It's really cute. I'll try to get some pictures or video of it soon.

Anyway, just wanted to share the latest on my cutie! She is growing up so fast!

2 comments:

Iris said...

that's a great goal for solids. it's good that she's liking her veggies. (kekoa is starting to not like his veggies and i'm lucky if i can get him to finish one stage one jar of vegetable a day. he loves the fruits which i mix with his cereal.) you definitely need to post this "mirror licking." she is too cute! i love her big beatiful baby eyes!

The Fintons said...

I did so good with keeping Tess on track with food. Hutch hasn't had mauch of any solids (besides baby food) yet...I need to do better. Your post motivated me...may start green peas tomorrow (pincer grasp not so great yet- we will see). You are sooo awesome for making Gracie's baby food! Very impressive. Awesome in fact!