Friday, February 27, 2009

Huck, Honk! and More Family Updates

Last night our little family attended a HuckPAC party,or Huckabee Political Action Committee party. The point of Huckabee's PAC is to help elect conservatives to office and also to get his message across. I highly recommend his latest book "Do the Right Thing." It was fun to connect with people and we also heard the official announcement of Mike Darr of his candidacy for Lieutenant Governor. HuckPAC was hoping for 50 similar parties to be going on around the US last night, but there were more than 130! It felt good to be a part of something so grassroots and to support someone we admire so much. You will be hearing more from us about HuckPAC!

In other news, one of Gracie's favorite things to do is to pinch my nose while I say "Honk!" Yesterday she pinched my nose while I said "honk" and her little thumb got hooked inside my nose and scratched the fire out of me! I think she was as shocked as me to see a bloody nose! We'll have to be more careful next time. This morning she was also trying to pinch a freckle off of me. She's so detail oriented! Oh well, a little pain for me, but a lot of learning for her!

Tuesday Clay and I attended the AR Business Awards banquet. Clay's firm received the Small Business Philanthropy award. It was exciting to see the partners accept the award. I felt such pride for Clay and the accounting firm he works for! We were also able to cheer on Georgia Mjartan as she was nominated for Non-Profit Executive of the Year for her work at Our House. And on top of it all, I got a new dress! Wendy was so sweet to come over and babysit Gracie. Gracie had such a good time, and played till she dropped!

There's so much going on in our lives. Just wanted to share a little!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That would be Mark Darr, not Mike.

Jason Tolbert said...

Cool post. I remember seeing you guys last night but I don't think we got a chance to actually meet. His is my post on the event with video of Mark Darr's announcement.

http://tolbertreport.com/2009/02/26/huckpaclittlerockmarkdarr/

Laura said...

um, i'm terrible. i haven't told you, i don't believe, that i LOVE LOVE YOUR FAMILY PICTURE!!!! do you have more? it's beautiful!!!!

The Nelson Family said...

Mark Darr! Really? That's great. And how cool to be on the front end of this. Thanks for keeping us on the up and up.
Very funny about Gracie's mean nose-hook. You'll have to watch out for that one! AND - I love that picture of you guys. It is so beautiful of all of you!

Dawne C. said...

I've been impressed with "Our House" for quite awhile. My mentee with STEP Ministries lived there in Dec., 2007. They do great things.
Are you gonna post a picture of your new dress??? :)